Friday, August 25, 2006

What my eyes told me


Has anyone ever played a variation of hide and seek where everyone huddles around the seeker and then the seeker throws a ball in the air and the "hiders" run away to...ahem...hide? Well today I saw 4 little girls, possibly sisters, playing it in their yard as I rode home on my bike. I picked up on the rules in the brief 6-7 seconds it took me to pass their house. The ball was thrown, the girls scattered, except for the smallest one. Maybe 2 years old? She ran and grabbed the ball and curled up into one herself at the "seekers" feet. The ideal hiding place.

I would call everyone that owns a bicycle to take it out, no matter how rusty it may be, and ride through your neighborhood. Perhaps you too can capture a glimpse of children being children in a world that is saying "no" to their innocence before they just fade away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

i for one, evny children for their innocence - esspecially in the world we live in today -

i quite enjoyed your observation,
as i have made many similar ones myself.

8/27/06, 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home